Rules and Regulations of the Contest
“The Architecture of Our Cities in the Eye of a Mathematician” and “Physical Phenomena”
- The organizer of the contest “The Architecture of Our Cities in the Eye of a Mathematician” and “Physical Phenomena” is IV Liceum Ogólnokształcące im. Generała Stanisława Maczka w Katowicach (Poland).
- The contest is aimed at all the willing students from:
- IV Liceum Ogólnokształcace im. Generała Stanisława Maczka w Katowicach (Poland)
- Liceo Scientifico Classico E. Toriccelli Somma Vesuviana Napoli (Italy)
- Liceul Tehnologic “Henri Coanda” Ramnicu Valcea (Romania).
- The contest starts on 4th September 2017 and lasts till 30th May 2018.
- The results of the contest and the presentation of the awards will take placein October 2018 during the visit of the students from Italy and Romania.
- This event is organized under the patronage of the Institute of Mathematics and the Institute of Physics of the University of Silesia.
- The contest is aimed at promoting maths and physics. Looking at the world by means of a photo helps students realize that they are surrounded by maths and physics.
- To take part in the contest the students have to make a description which will briefly justify the topic of the contest with regard to mathematical or physical photos.
- The sum-up event of the contest will be the presentation of the photos at school containing the chosen contest photos.
- Only the photos taken by the student personally should be sent to the contest. The students should have unlimited author’s moral and economic rights to the photos. The photos should not breach the rights of an owner to the image of the objects proprietary in a Patent and Trademark Office.
- Every participant is allowed to provide 5 photos maximum.
- The photos should be sent at : email@example.com
- The photos must have following technical requirements:
- JPG File interchange format
- The maximum file size 1,5 mb
- The maximum size of the photo is 1800 x 2700
- The use of color and tonal correction, black and white conversion, framing, small retoch are acceptable.
- The participant is bound to deliver the following information to each of the photos:
- The title of the photo
- The description of the photo giving reasons that it is a mathematical or a physical photo – maths and physics caught in the eye of the camera (2-5 sentences).
- The results of the contest will be published on the school website of IV LO and on the website of the project Erasmus+ “Modern and activating methods in developing mathematical competences”.
- The assessment of the photos will be made by the project team
- Awards are predicted.