The Transnational Project Meeting
The Transnational Project Meeting took place in Somma Vesuviana on 26.10.2017 and 27.10.2017. The participants of the meeting were each school’s project team members who worked hard to cover the planned agenda.
During the meeting:
- We analyzed each partner school’s project responsibilities
- We discussed the organization of mobilities and arranged mobilities dates for the current school year:
C1 Poland 24.01.2018 – 26.01.2018
C2 Romania 26.03.2018 – 28.03.2018
C3 Italy 21.05.2018 – 25.05.2018
- We talked about the recruitment criteria and the process itself.
- We studied the activities to be carried out in the nearest future:
- carry out a survey among students on ‘Good practices in teaching Maths’ (a google questionnaire)
- carry out a Maths competences test in experimental groups
- organize an English course for Maths teachers
- carry out a survey for teachers evaluating the on-going use of ICT, a project-based method, activating methods in their work
- We discussed the project evaluation, especially about the need for:
- gathering the experimental groups’ opinions on a monthly basis
- gathering teachers’ opinions on the use of ICT, a project-based method, activating methods
- gathering opinions about each mobility
- We analyzed the future content of the project publication:
- conclusions withdrawn from the survey ‘Good practices in teaching Maths’
- materials from conferences ‘Activating methods’, ‘Project-based method’, conclusions made by teachers after participating in conferences
- a list of topics for Maths mini-projects brainstormed during C1 in Poland
- a list of activating methods which may be used in maths lessons – worked out during C2 in Romania
- gamification – ideas for use in Maths lessons, examples (with links to free games etc.)
- tasks/exercises referring to practical application of Maths in every day life, real-life maths tasks
- lessons plans of the lesson observed by teachers or students during mobilities
- and the e-book which will contain a detailed description with pictures of the projects carried out during mobilities
- We stated our expectations about the success of the project
- We talked about the validating documents.
- The teleconferences schedule was created
- We discussed the ways to disseminate our project.
Every meeting participant was given a Certificate of Participation which was handed by the head teacher of Liceo Scientifico in Somma Vesuviana.
On 16th August the Polish National Agency announced the selection results of the applications submitted under Key Action 2 Strategic Partnerships of the Erasmus+ programme.
To our delight, we – IV Liceum Ogólnokształcące im. Generała Stanisława Maczka in Katowice – came fourth.
We will be carrying out the Maths project from September 2017 till August 2019.
The partner schools are from Italy: Liceo Scientifico Classico E. Toriccelli Somma Vesuviana Napoli and Romania: Liceul Tehnologic “Henri Coanda” Ramnicu Valcea.